In recognition of the under-representation of women on international arbitral tribunals, members of the arbitration community drew up a pledge (“Equal Representation in Arbitration PLEDGE”) to take action. Alice Fremuth-Wolf is member of the steering committee and took part in the official launch event on 18 May in London. VIAC has already signed the pledge and we would like to encourage you to do the same under http://www.arbitrationpledge.com/. You may also join the ERA Pledge LinkedIn Group.
Also, a new feature has been launched on ERA’s webpage. Interested parties may now ask for names of female arbitrators, that fulfil certain required qualifications and will be provided with a list of potential candidates.
If you want to know more about the search for female arbitrators you may find a detailed article on http://kluwerarbitrationblog.com/2016/09/08/one-step-further-after-the-launch-of-the-era-pledge-a-search-service-for-female-arbitrators-appointments/.
- Launch of the ERA Pledge Corporate Guidelines
- Report der Cross-Institutional Task Force on Gender Diversity in Arbitral Appointments and Proceedings
- "ERA - Equal Representation in Arbitration PLEDGE"
- Female Representation in Arbitration in the COVID-19 Era
- „GENDER DIVERSITY IN FÜHRUNGSPOSITIONEN. SONNTAGSREDEN UND REALITÄT.“ (9. September 2019) - A Review
- UNCITRAL Webinar Series - Day 6: Gender, Trade and COVID-19
- Women and the Impact of COVID-19 and Response